Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Bento Collage

"Love isn't about competition, it's wanting to make the other person feel loved that makes it competitive." -me

I realized that when you have someone precious to you, you'd want to do everything you can to make that person feel special and loved.
It's amazing what people would do for one another and the devotion they share. Being selfless and doing our best to show our love is one of the most charitable thing we can do for someone.

When I first had the idea of making bento two years ago, I did quite a bit of research online. I came across many websites and blogs of moms making bento for their children and women making bento for their lovers. It was incredible knowing that these women came from backgrounds that were as diverse as the food they placed in their bento boxes. The delicacy and love that each and every one of them poured into their bento was like a carefully wrapped gift, waiting to be opened and admired. I'm sure the smile on the faces of their children and lovers is what makes everything worth it and keeps them motivated. Looking at their work inspired me to start creating my own bentos. Someday, I'd like to make tiny bentos for my own preschool children like those wonderful bento moms. But for now, I'm content with practicing my culinary skills and making bentos for the one person that matters now. They're not perfect, but I hope to become better with each new bento that I make.

The bento boxes above are in chronological order from upper left.


0 comments: