Thursday, November 20, 2008

Chococat <3


My first attempt at amigurumi, a Chococat!! ^.^


Amigurumi is a Japanese term for knitting or crocheting stuffed animals. Apparently, it has gotten a lot of hype in recent years outside of Japan and there's been several books published in English on how to make amigurumi dolls. I thought they were absolutely adorable and couldn't help but make one myself. So I went and bought some crochet hooks and yarns from Joann's and started learning crocheting from some online tutorials. It took me awhile to get the hang of it but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Making the Chococat amigurumi was pretty spontaneous, and it was mainly because I was already practicing crocheting in black yarn. It took me a very long time to get the proportion right for him. I initially made the body to be much smaller than his head to fit his image, but it would've made him look awkward sitting down and there won't be enough support for his large head. His head also came out to be a lot rounder than it should be too. =\ But overall, I was pretty satisfied with the results and very proud of it as a first attempt at crocheting. I even took him around with me on campus for the day and randomly took a picture of him in a shrub for my phone. Haha. Hopefully, I'll have time to make more amigurumi dolls soon! I'm already planning out what I'll make next. My goal is to make more mascots! =D

Chococat and Mashimaro Rivalry?!?! O.o

9 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! when I made my first amigurumi it ended with a huge head :)
Yours it's very good! and actually looks like chococat.
do you still have the pattern?, I hope you don't mind but..could you send it to me, please? I would love to make one ^.^
enenenti@gmail.com

barbieefacee said...

yeh I'd like the pattern too please!


alice-read@hotmail.com

rai said...

yeh I'd like the pattern too please!

raisarodriguezm@aim.com

Unknown said...

It's so cute! I have one girlfriend who loves this cat, and i would like the pattern too.please :-)

(i'm french so i hope that the pattern is simple)

drosofly.enragee@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I too would love the pattern if you don't mind sharing it.

temperanceluvr@aol.com

Claribel said...

Can you share the pattern for chococat? Thanks.

cynthia said...

can you please send me the pattern please i really love that kitten ^^
cynthiagoulet@yahoo.ca

tracy said...

May i also get this pattern please!
Tran.n.tracy@gmail.com

I would like to make this for my coworker. I accidently broke her cat figurine n this will make her forgive me!

Plz plz. Thanks.

Vic said...

Hi! I´d like the pattern, please!
My emailis vicm1981@gmail.com

Thanks!

Victoria.